Montana Mountain Horse Adventure
2017 Dates: July 14 – 23………$2350/person
We have the answer for those of you that would like to learn and experience horsemanship, packing with horses and mules, and backcountry camping skills.
Join us in the Sapphire Mountains of southwestern Montana. We have a deluxe wall tent camp with a corral, hitching rails and a stream nearby. A 45 minute horseback ride out of camp will offer breathtaking views of the rugged Montana mountains in the Pintlar Wilderness.
10 full days in length. Lodging and food provided.
This adventure comes highly recommended. You may also ask us about our custom horseback tours, treks and adventures tailored just for your sepcific interests.
This class will improve your skills and experience in the back country, whether you want to try some do-it-yourself trips, or you are just looking for a new
and exciting adventure -- Royal Tine's Outdoor Adventure course is for you.
The Curriculum covers the following:
- Basic Horsemanship and care and Intro to packing, keeping stock in the backcountry
- Introduction to fly fishing
- Map, Compass and GPS navigation
- Proper camping gear and equipment, basic knots, federal regulations, trail clearing, basic leather working, wilderness survival
- Outdoor and Camp Cooking
- 3 day horse pack trip where we will put a lot of your new skills to use as we travel the beautiful backcountry trails of Western Montana.