1. We've been rated the best guide school in the West by Western Big Game Outfitters.
Read about Royal Tine in Backpacker, Outside, American Cowboy, National Geographic Adventure, and Peterson's Hunting magazine.
** In operation since 1994, Royal Tine is the oldest continuously operating guide school in Montana! We're not the best because we're the oldest - we're the oldest because we're the best!
2. Our curriculum is specifically designed to train students in the essential skills -- the skills that outfitters are looking for in employees. As a result, Royal Tine graduates are in demand.
** Enrollment is limited to 8 per session, so classes are small and every student gets plenty of personal instruction.
** We run the toughest curriculum of any guide school out there. We're busy from 6:00 am to 8:30 pm, and we have class 6 days per week.
3. Job placement is 100% for all qualified graduates! We have the reputation for turning out some of the best guides in the business, so many outfitters hiring guides and packers call us first!
4. Our instructors are professional hunters and packers, with over twenty years of experience teaching the required skills. Royal Tine's owners have guided and packed in Montana, Idaho, Wyoming, Arizona, and Alaska. Thus, students benefit from their broad range of experience and professionalism.
5. Our location in the Sapphire Mountains is incredible! The Royal Tine Guide School, set in a lush meadow with towering pines and streams running through, simulates a high mountain, backcountry hunting camp, complete with wall tents and a large cook tent. Wildlife often travel through camp - elk, deer, moose, wolves, bears, and an occasional mountain lion. In this setting you'll live and learn how to pack, guide, and cook outdoors.
6. Our references are superior! We hope you'll take time to call them! They are our best form of advertising and a great way for you to get to know us in advance. Also, here are some testimonials from our spring 2011 class!