Author Topic: Pepperjack meatloaf  (Read 1649 times)

Rt520

Pepperjack meatloaf
« on: February 11, 2014, 04:23:14 PM »
We had this for the first time a few weeks ago and it has quickly become our favorite.

1lb ground beef
1 cup celery
1/2 cup onion
1 cup oatmeal or crumbled saltine crackers
2 eggs
2 cups pepper jack shredded cheese
ketchup
chili powder
black pepper

Mix meat, celery, onion, crackers, eggs together. Press half of the mixture into greased loaf pan. Place cheese over the mixture. Then press in the remaining meat mixture. Spread ketchup over the top and sprinkle chili powder and black pepper on the ketchup. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Cover loaf pan lightly with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and increase temp up to 425 for another 20 minutes or until edges are bubbling and knife inserted into the middle comes out clean . Let stand for 5 minutes then serve with mashed potatoes.

Linkback: http://www.royaltine.com/forum/cook-book/45/pepperjack-meatloaf/2547/

Riley Tuyls

TrailheadSupply

• Trailhead Supply Online Store
Re: Pepperjack meatloaf
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 07:50:06 AM »
Have to give this one a try !!!

Steve

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 09:45:05 AM »
MMMM!  I love meatloaf.  I'll have to give this a try.  The last few times I've tried to make meatloat there was definitely something lacking.

I sometimes dig out my dutch ovens and experiment in the house cooking with them, trying different recipes in our oven.  I figure next time I go hunting or fishing I'll know how to cook some good grub....

I should do this outside and use brickets or coals, but this below zero weather is wearing me down.....

mulepackin

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2014, 04:59:48 PM »
I've got some smoked pepperjack from the last big batch of cheese I smoked. That would be might good in this. I'll be giving it a try. Thanks for sharing it.

SeabeeCook

• 'Round the Chuckbox
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2014, 06:43:34 PM »
I've got some smoked pepperjack from the last big batch of cheese I smoked. ...
To compliment the smoked cheese, add smoked paprika in place of chili powder. You could also add a few minced chipotle chili peppers instead of paprika. I usually blend two or more meats in meatloaf, like beef and pork.

Steve

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 09:08:01 AM »
I made the best meat loaf that I've ever made last night.  I used your recipe, Riley, but I modified it slightly.  I had some deer burger that had been sitting in the frig. for about a week.  It seems like the longer it sits the wilder it tastes.  I added a small can of tomato sauce to the meat and then mixed everything else in with it.  I didn't have any cheese, so I left that out.  I put it all in my trusty dutch oven.  Don't tell anyone, but it's made out of aluminum..... I have to say it turned out great.....

I like turning meat that normally isn't too tastey into something delicious.

Share via facebook Share via twitter