Author Topic: looking for recipes that can be frozen  (Read 3626 times)

animules

• Abram
    • My youtubes, videos of my dogs and others good stuff
looking for recipes that can be frozen
« on: August 05, 2009, 10:07:32 AM »
I would like to have some good recipes for lunch/dinner type meals that I can prepare ahead then freeze and reheat when needed.  Good home made stews, soups, chillies, jambalaya, things like that.  Something that can be rounded out with rolls, veggie or fruit tray, and cookies to make a meal.

Our dog club has some trials and seminars coming up.  If I can have the food prepared and ready to heat it would make life much simpler.  Need to freeze first so I can spend a couple weeks getting it all ready and have it loaded in my camper.

Once again I'm counting on my experts here to make me look good.   ;D  It's worked so far.   ;)   ;D

Linkback: http://www.royaltine.com/forum/general-camp-cooks-forum/43/looking-recipes-can-frozen/1408/

Mules, the original 4-wheel drive.
-Tina

Badger

Re: looking for recipes that can be frozen
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 07:13:01 PM »
I do not like to freeze for that type of event.  I prefer to can meals.  Pork Loin in sausage gravy is great, beef tips in red wine sauce is a nice meal, chili, beef stew, corn stew are all wonderful.  They are easy to make, and when it is time to eat just open the jar and heat it and you are ready to go.  Add the bread and you have a very filling meal. 

Badger

royaltine

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 02:03:25 PM »
Animules
It seems like you may like most things, but I want to make sure. A couple of things that freeze and reheat decent for me are:
Chili
Stew
Spaghetti
Lasagna
Do you want these recipes??

Sausage Gravy (recipe on forum)
Stroganoff (recipe on forum)
Zesty Hamburger Soup (recipe on forum)

If you're lucky enough to be in the mountains, you're lucky enough!

animules

• Abram
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 05:28:54 PM »
LeRee'

If you would share your recipe for your chilli and stew that would be great.  The sausage gravy has been a big hit the couple times I did that already.   ;D

Most times we're feeding 30 or more people.   The days of the event I am usually busy working my dog also.  Makes having everything made ahead the week before and ready to reheat very important.     ;)

Thanks much!
Tina

Beau

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 04:18:04 PM »
 Tina, another good one I'm going to use for supper on a fishin' trip coming up is "duch oven enchilada's".  What I'm going to do is cook the chicken at the lodge then freeze it.  Most everything else that goes into it is canned, like chili's, refried beans etc.  Other ingredents like cheese, tortillas, hot sauce etc. keep good and pack easy.  So, when we get to the lake I'll put it together in a duch oven.  (Chicken already cooked) I'll just start layering ingredents to make one big enchilada, warm it up with coals and serve like a casserol.   pretty simple, quick, easy, and tastes great!

I'm not a cook but once in a while they have me do the whole spread (guide/cook)   of course guiding fishermen is really easy if they know what their doing, its like "there's the lake boys, go get'em"  :D
Better Pack Some Good Boots...

animules

• Abram
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2009, 10:43:32 AM »
Thanks Beau.  ;D  That gave me another idea.  We could have a build your own taco bar.  All the meat can be done ahead of time like you said. Cool! 

Beau

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 05:58:49 PM »
 You bet, glad to help Tina!  Not a pre-made meal but, for lunch on one of the days at the lake we are going to do cream cheese/jalapeno/bacon stuffed brugers over brickets, dutch oven potatoes, maybe some fresh trout, and rum /coke on rocks for the guest in high ball glass glasses.   I guess these guys are some CEO's of the dupont paint company..$$$$$.. gonna wine and dine'em..... ;D

animules

• Abram
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 07:36:14 PM »
You bet, glad to help Tina!  Not a pre-made meal but, for lunch on one of the days at the lake we are going to do cream cheese/jalapeno/bacon stuffed brugers over brickets, dutch oven potatoes, maybe some fresh trout, and rum /coke on rocks for the guest in high ball glass glasses.   I guess these guys are some CEO's of the dupont paint company..$$$$$.. gonna wine and dine'em..... ;D

Need an assistant that trip?   ;)  Oh geeze I have to make that.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Frozen up boat controls?

Started by Steve

2 Replies
Last post December 05, 2011, 09:41:35 AM
by Steve
xx
frozen lake boarding

Started by Beau

6 Replies