Author Topic: She got me good!  (Read 770 times)

MTTrapper

• Shooting Star Publications
She got me good!
« on: May 29, 2016, 06:51:29 AM »
Last week as I was leaving Alaska I stopped at a beer joint to get something to eat while I was waiting for my friend and outfitter to get his haircut upstairs. I went into this bar where he would later meet me.

I ordered a beer, Alaskan Amber of course, and asked the waitress what was good. she said the halibut sandwich was excellent but took a long time and I should order early.

I ordered the halibut sandwich and 30 minutes later it still had not arrived at my table. a nice young lady who was sitting at the bar came over and asked me if I had waited a long time for my order. I said yes. she said She worked there but today was her day off. She said give me your number and I'll go check on your order for you.

I told her my order number and she left for a while and returned to tell me that they were backed up in the kitchen and it would be about 10 minutes.

Another 15 minutes went by and I still didn't have my order so I went to the restaurant side of the bar to ask about it. the lady there looked really funny and then turn to the Cook who started yelling "that ***** Rene did it again."

The woman at the bar had taken my order and left with it! Clever.

I still didn't have my food. the cook said she would put it right on apologized up-and-down and that the woman had stolen my food

When I finally got the halibut sandwich it really wasn't all that good anyway.

Linkback: http://www.royaltine.com/forum/general-camp-fire-discussion/25/she-got-me-good/2788/

Kelly Barger

• Ok Harlan Horses
Re: She got me good!
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2016, 05:02:17 PM »
Sorry to hear that trapper.
Guess she was in more of a hurry than you were. Do you think she actually worked there or was just running a scam on you since she knew you were not a usual customer.

MTTrapper

• Shooting Star Publications
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2016, 05:16:22 AM »
I found out later she used to work there, but got canned. They didn't charge me for the meal she stole of course, but I felt pretty stupid. She realized I wasn't a reguar there and she knew I'd never see it coming.

What I learned is when a very nice young woman is nice to an old guy like me, she probably has some other agenda.

Kelly Barger

• Ok Harlan Horses
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2016, 05:45:33 AM »
 ;D  I know the feeling. I always think they still find me strikingly handsome. Right up up until I look in the mirror!

Share via facebook Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
A good read...some good info and great history.

Started by royaltine

2 Replies
Last post January 19, 2014, 08:00:35 AM
by opie
xx
Looks good

Started by Desert Rat

1 Replies
Last post April 11, 2012, 10:30:00 AM
by Hal
xx
good day!