Author Topic: Is this site up and running?  (Read 1073 times)

Steve

Is this site up and running?
« on: March 22, 2017, 06:16:55 PM »
I was just wondering if my computer is messed up or if something is wrong with this web site?  There have been almost zero posts for months now.  I've read a couple from Mountain Trapper, but that is about it.   I tried to message Riley, but haven't heard back from him.  If you read this, I'd sure appreciate it if someone could let me know that I got through.  I sure miss these forums.....

Linkback: http://www.royaltine.com/forum/general-camp-fire-discussion/25/site-up-running/2813/

MTTrapper

• Shooting Star Publications
Re: Is this site up and running?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 12:37:07 PM »
Steve. The site seems to be running just fine. I guess people are busy this winter. Maybe repairing deckers, wall tents, etc in prep for the upcoming season.

Trapper

Steve

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 04:19:37 PM »
Hey Mtn. Trapper,
We made it through another winter, and that's good!  It seems like all I do is go to funerals lately.  One of my old friends, Harry Lafrinere, died recently.  He was my old Sargent Major, Scout master, and hunting partner.  When I walked into the church I was looking for somebody I knew.  I was in the National Guard about forty years back, and I knew there would be old friends there.  Everywhere I looked there were old farts, and I didn't recognize anybody.  Even the pal bearers looked like strangers.  Then I started to recognize people.  All of the paul bearers were young Airborne troopers forty years ago.  Most all had white hair and walked with a limp, now.....Yep, I knew all of those guys.

After the funeral, at the dinner, I met an interesting guy.  I thought of you, Trapper.  I know you are a writer, and I figured you might  like to talk to him. He is a publisher of videos and books.  He published all of Coopenhaver's books.  His name is Dale Burke.  I've been watching his videos and reading his books for years now.  His office is in Stevensville.  It's called Stoney Wolf publishing.  Dale is an avid fly fisherman, and he still packs into the Bob Marshal.  Maybe he could publish some of your work.....It never hurts to have connections.

I sure hope these forums pick up.  I hope I'm not the one who scared everyone off......

saddlesore

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 06:56:00 AM »
Usage has been pretty poor for a year now.. I pm Killerbee and had no reply. Royal Tine does not even post anymore.
I check in about once a week and find I didn't miss anything.

A lot of sites like this go for a year or two and then dry up.

If you want to talk elk hunting, check wapiti talk.com. Mostly bow hunters,but good info

Nokota

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 05:42:49 PM »
I too check the site about once a week.  I think Facebook put a big hit on this forum.

w-joe

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 11:30:25 AM »
I too check about weekly and miss all the great stories .

Rt520

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2017, 05:02:39 PM »
Well fellas you're in luck. I'm going to buy horses soon and have tons of questions. So I'm sure I'll be posting a lot. Most of my questions you'll probably get a good laugh at but I'm ok with that.  :o
Riley Tuyls

Nokota

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2017, 08:46:12 AM »
Awesome, congratulations!!!

w-joe

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2017, 10:56:42 AM »
No life without ponies ..........

2rocky

« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2018, 11:26:25 AM »
Just signed up for the Facebook group (Packin' in on Mules and Horses) and was amazed at the traffic. 
I think FB has put a hurt on forum communities as a whole. 

royaltine

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2018, 06:12:03 PM »
This forum will be gone in the next few weeks.  Come visit with us on our facebook group, packing in on mules and horses.

Cody
If you're lucky enough to be in the mountains, you're lucky enough!

Share via facebook Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
also new to the site.

Started by flcracker

3 Replies
Last post August 13, 2009, 05:51:00 PM
by KILLERBEE
xx
A fun site

Started by royaltine

1 Replies