Author Topic: gelding  (Read 202 times)

coulee kid

gelding
« on: July 11, 2017, 08:40:45 AM »
I was wondering if anyone has had a gelding that was dog gentle until a mare went into heat.  He has never pulled back or bucked until last weekend when he was around a mare that was in heat.  I would have considered him a kids horse until I saw this.

Linkback: http://www.royaltine.com/forum/general-horse-mule-forum/42/gelding/2830/

Steve

Re: gelding
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 03:24:56 PM »
I was a kid we had a horse like that.  My Dad said he was cut proud, and we got rid of him.  He was a good saddle horse until he got around a mare in heat.  Right now I have a mule like that.  A Vet can test to see if they are cut wrong.  If so, they can reoperate on them.  So far i've been trying to tolerate that mule and his antics.

saddlesore

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 06:52:20 AM »
Ditto, what Steve said.I don't know the exact terminology,but above the testicles, there is  another small part  that needs to be removed too. It is said that not removing it is what makes them referred to being proud  cut.. I would confer with a good vet.

Spade Creek

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 09:55:06 PM »
Had a horse that would mount all in heat mares.  They call this a cript orchid.  He would act like a stud. Got him to the vet to check and he could not get any of the mares pregnant but it didn't stop him from trying.

Share via facebook Share via twitter