Author Topic: Danaher Goat Permit  (Read 158 times)

mulepackin

Danaher Goat Permit
« on: June 15, 2017, 07:33:43 AM »
After many years of applying, I got the Danaher goat permit. Haven't been there for several years, if anyone has passed through, and has any info on goat sightings, please pass it along. I know historically, Jumbo, Apex, and Danaher Mtns. have all held goats. Hoping to concentrate on Jumbo if possible.

Linkback: http://www.royaltine.com/forum/general-hunting-forum/11/danaher-goat-permit/2826/

MTTrapper

• Shooting Star Publications
Re: Danaher Goat Permit
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 05:44:14 AM »
I used to work in view of Jumbo in The Bob. I saw a few goats, but not many. My advice would be to contact some of the USFS people who work in that part of The Bob. If it were me I'd do a summer scouting trip to Big Prairie Ranger Station and bring along bribes, and then talk to the Jumbo fire lookout.

Trapper

Steve

Re: Danaher Goat Permit
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 09:43:15 AM »
You might give Steve Coopenhaver a call.  He probably knows that area as well as anyone.  I think his hunting area is on the other side of Big Prairie.  They'd pass through the Danaher every time they went in.  The Coopenhavers used to have a cabin somewhere in the Dannaher.  Steve's uncle tried to show me where it was on a map.  We were on snowshoes and he was trying to help us out.  It was hidden in there somewhere, and we never did find it.  That was the only time I've been in the Danaher.  I really hope to get back in that country, this Fall.  What a beautiful place!

You might find some wildlife biologists who work that area.  They probably know better than anyone where the goats are at. 

It seems like you see more goat when it starts to cool off.  They stay in the shadows when it is hot out.  Their coats are a lot longer once it gets cold out.  The only draw back is that it is dangerous to hunt them once the snow and ice hits.

I really miss goat hunting.  There's no other hunters up that high, and you can see for miles.  Some of the most scenic country anywhere.  Hold out for a big billy.  Best of luck!
Maybe I'll see you in there this Fall.....

Share via facebook Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
CCW Permit

Started by Deadeye and Doeswell

2 Replies
Last post December 11, 2010, 02:14:21 PM
by animules
xx
Elk Permit

Started by mulepackin

2 Replies