Author Topic: Hello from Nor Cal  (Read 1502 times)

2rocky

Hello from Nor Cal
« on: April 24, 2014, 11:53:07 AM »
Just wanted to introduce myself.  I recognize a few names on the forums. 

I grew up on a dairy in Sonoma County, CA with horses from an early age.  Cut my teeth hunting blacktails in the coastal canyons of Marin County.  I escaped to the University of Idaho and spent summers as a guide in the St. Joe River, and the Eagle Cap Wilderness.  That is where I caught the elk hunting bug. 

Now a days I work as a formulator for a feed company, and I'm the 4th generation on my family's ranch with my wife and three daughters.   The town job gives me a few weeks of paid vacation to chase deer, and elk across the west on horseback when possible.  I still have the horses, although now the focus seems to be on ones the kids can keep tuned up for me.  I just turned 40. 

I rifle hunt with my 73 year old father, and 69 year old uncle, and bowhunt solo or with younger friends when I can.   We try to hit Wyoming every year, but I've hunted and ridden in California, Oregon, Idaho, Colorado and Nevada as well. 

Linkback: http://www.royaltine.com/forum/introductions/27/hello-nor-cal/2595/

MTTrapper

• Shooting Star Publications
Re: Hello from Nor Cal
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 05:05:41 AM »
Welcome.

I think you'll find folks here friendly, helpful, and at times very entertaining.

Trapper

Steve

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 06:28:34 AM »
Welcome 2rocky!

w-joe

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 10:23:53 AM »
Welcome from overseas too . You joined the best place to hang around talking bout what we all love to do : being out there .

Mulepakr

• Wyo Elk Hunt
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 08:27:07 PM »
Sounds like you need to be a member of Backcountry Horsemen to keep those horses in shape during the summer !!!!!!  :) :)

Share via facebook Share via twitter