Author Topic: Hello from Texas  (Read 2339 times)

borderbosstx

Hello from Texas
« on: December 17, 2006, 10:24:03 AM »
Hope all of you are doing something that makes you happy here at Christmas time.  My name is Nelson; I live near San Angelo, TX. and attended the camp cook 10 day class that started in July 2004.  I retired in 2003 and really needed a new passion in my life as I really enjoyed my job in spite of the stress.  I had always been an outdoor type person, but lacked a number of skills required for survival in the deep woods.  Also, I had an interest in, but little knowledge of Dutch Oven cooking.  I found Royal Tine while scratching around on the Internet and signed up right away.  Fortunately, I was able to take my 24 year old son who had to take leave from his duties in the Navy.  It was a lot of fun working with LeRee in the cook tent and Cody and his assistant Johnny while they taught the required skills and duties outside the cook tent.  These days, I use my Dutch Oven cooking talent to "wow" groups of friends or every year at Elk camp during bow season in New Mexico.  I have collected a lot of very good recipes for Dutch Ovens and will be glad to share them with you.   
Y'all take care, Nelson

Linkback: http://www.royaltine.com/forum/introductions/27/hello-texas/234/

royaltine

• Administrator
Re: Hello from Texas
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 11:10:20 AM »
HELLO NELSON................glad to have you on the forum. You take care and here's wishing you all the best in the cooking seasons to come.
You know I am always an email away............

LeRee'
If you're lucky enough to be in the mountains, you're lucky enough!

firefighterla130

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 10:35:03 PM »
Welcome, Nelson! I am sure we will be chatting more and I will be interested in those Dutch Oven recipes.

Mark

borderbosstx

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 10:08:40 AM »
Hey Mark... here it is fresh into 2007.  What have you done to gain knowledge as a camp cook?  Have you collected any cast iron yet?  You can even practice on your patio/yard to wow your friends.  Maybe sometime you can attend and observe some of the Dutch oven competition held at Chuck Wagon and Cowboy Symposiums throughout Texas, New Mexico and Oklahoma, usually held in late Summer and Fall.  I can send links to those sites if you like.  There are more events like that all over the country.  If you are able to catch any of these, you will be hooked.  While there, attend any short seminars available.  What ever you do, I will always recommend Royal Tine Camp Cook School.  Keep in touch, Nelson Davis, San Angelo TX.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Hello from Texas

Started by tpk225

5 Replies
Last post August 09, 2008, 12:33:10 PM
by Steve
xx
Hi from Texas!

Started by TexanTyler

6 Replies