Author Topic: Howdy Y'All  (Read 2089 times)

KinggeorgeIII

Howdy Y'All
« on: January 20, 2007, 06:28:39 PM »
What a great bunch of people, the ones who can work hard all day, 24/7, but deep in their hearts, we can thank our good Lord for the great outdoors!

I was raised in Arizona, got to know what  the southbound end of a northbound horse looks like at an early age, and a little too big for my britches. I grew up around cattle and horses, flys included, and don't miss the sweet tempermant of a black angus steer, or bucking bales of hayburner food.  After a stint in high school, this young gun was out to set the world on fire and you couldn't tell me how to do it.

That was a few years ago, and after spending 23 years in the Air Force, globetrotting the world, I have settled down in Boise, Idaho, with my family of one better half and six Yorkshire Terriers. I no longer use my hands to make planes fly, I use my mind to educate others. What a switch - if the teachers I tormented could see me now, I'll bet  most of them would drop dead from shock.

It was a golden moment to give back to the world of education what I have stolen years ago. There are young men and women out there who like school, but find it hard to learn. That is where I come in. I am an educator of children with special needs - special ed teacher as most know me.

I am the one who takes these kids, who everyone says cannot learn, and discover a different way to figure things out. I have fallen into my true calling in life and have never looked back. I graduated from Boise State University with a degree in education after my retirement from the military and boy - howdy I do love it. The expression on the face of a young child that has discovered and learned something new is priceless.

One of my early assignments in the Air Force took me to the great state of Washington, where I fell in love with the outdoors. I felt as if I had been transplanted to some secret world. After looking at sagebrush and cactus for the better part of my life, I thought trees were only grown in peoples yards for dogs to pee on.

Fast forward a bit and I have resigned to the fact that this transplant has found his home. I stripped off the Arizona residency and traded it in to become a resident of Idaho. I love to hunt, fish and anything associated with the outdoors. I build custom hunting rifles in my spare time, am an avid reloader, and there is nothing better than twisting and tangling up a fly for fishing with that hot cup of coffee while the big fireball in the sky rises up for a brand new day.

This will be my first trip with Royal Tine. I took a look at other outfits and just didn't get  that "feeling" that you get when you look at Cody and LeRees outfit. This has been something I have wanted to do since I was 14 years old, and the day has finally come. I enjoy people, kids, the great outdoors and am looking forward to my trip, I wish it could be sooner, but good things come to those who wait.

I look forward to talking with everyone. Life is short, let's git crackin"!

Linkback: http://www.royaltine.com/forum/introductions/27/howdy-yall/277/
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 06:00:08 AM by KinggeorgeIII »

firefighterla130

Re: Howdy Y'All
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 10:11:49 PM »
Welcome aboard!

hellbilly

Re: Howdy Y'All
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 02:15:33 PM »
GLAD TO HAVE YOU AROUND. LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE "SEASONED"!!

Share via facebook Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Howdy

Started by Machias

5 Replies
Last post November 21, 2006, 12:16:22 PM
by Machias
xx
Howdy!

Started by mulepackin

9 Replies