Author Topic: Christianson arms 300 rum ridgeline  (Read 458 times)

coulee kid

Christianson arms 300 rum ridgeline
« on: December 13, 2016, 06:11:30 PM »
I am curious to see if anyone has shot one.  I am kicking around the idea of saving for one.  Just wondering how they shoot and how bad they kick.  I have shot a 338 win mag for years but I like the ballistics of the 300 rum. 

Linkback: http://www.royaltine.com/forum/long-range-shooting/41/christianson-arms-300-rum-ridgeline/2808/

Steve

Re: Christianson arms 300 rum ridgeline
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 10:55:48 AM »
That looks like a dandy rifle.  I guess I don't know much about carbon barrels and none of my rifles are ported.  I'm not very familiar with that cartridge either.  So, I probably don't have much advice to give.

I have a 300 Win. Mag. with a 26 inch barrel.  It's a real good shooter and the longer barrel gives it a little more velocity.  I've always bought factory rifles that have had a lot of accuracy work done to them.  I have to admit that many of those new custom rifles "are" worth the money.  I hope to own one some day.

For hunting I usually grab my old 270.  It shoots small groups with a flat trajectory, and the recoil is mild.  The 22 inch barrel is easy to pack through the brush.  It's kind of light for elk, but they don't go far when hit right.  That's what I shot my elk with this year and last.

I guess it all boils down to what you like.  I'm trying to find a good load for a 7mm Mag. right now.  I might have to put a new barrel on it.  If I can get it to shoot better, it will be my new elk gun.  I just don't like a hunting rifle that won't shoot sub-minute groups consistently.  So, this gun needs some more work.

Share via facebook Share via twitter