Author Topic: Camp Jack  (Read 58 times)

MTTrapper

• Shooting Star Publications
Camp Jack
« on: April 07, 2017, 08:43:54 AM »
I got a call from one of the outfitters I cook for. He and his wife had run an ad for a helper. I didn't see the ad. The person will be doing a lot of cleaning of all sorts as well as the cooks helper. This camp doesn't have stock so no wrangling, hauling big bags of feed or bales of hay, packing mules, Etc. No firewood cutting, splitting. Just cleaning the angler and hunter cabins, bathrooms, and the dining and kitchen areas.

They asked me if I would prefer a male or female since I would be supervising the new hire.

My answer was, "I don't see how gender has much to do with it. My best helpers have been athletes. My very best helper was a woman who had just graduated from College and was a starter on their soccer team. Athletes seem to know how to work as a team even if they are not the lead player. They don't give up when the weather turns to crap or they get tired. They are used to taking direction from coaches.

Males, particularly young males, don't typically make great house keepers. They are likely going to take a job like this thinking the outfitter will quickly move them up to a guide position and see sweeping floors and making beds as beneath them."

What does everyone else think? Who was your best Camp Jack/Helper?

Trapper

Linkback: http://www.royaltine.com/forum/outfitters-guides-forum/35/camp-jack/2820/

SeabeeCook

• 'Round the Chuckbox
Re: Camp Jack
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2017, 07:20:46 AM »
Trapper:

I would've never considered any athletic endeavor on a resume to be worthy of consideration. But, your thoughts are well taken. It's my new definition of being a team player.

Share via facebook Share via twitter

Subject / Started by Replies / Views Last post
xx
Jack Daniels Flank Steak

Started by MTTrapper

1 Replies
Last post January 15, 2011, 08:18:09 AM
by royaltine
xx
Camp Fly

Started by mulepackin

4 Replies